Top 7 Winter DIY Projects
Winter months bring cold days and long nights. While you wait for the weather to warm up so
you can get out into the garden, there are still plenty of great DIY projects to tackle, even in
the winter. Here are 7 terrific ideas for the Do it Yourselfer in you.
1. Paint Your Walls – Paint an accent wall or an entire room with a fresh color.
2. Declutter – Sure this sounds like a fancy name for house cleaning, but
decluttering is more than that. Remove excess furnishings to make your rooms
seem larger and more inviting. Also, check out the Netflix series: Tidying Up with Marie Kondo #LIFECHANGING
3. Update Your Kitchen –A new backsplash or cabinet pulls can quickly change the
look and feel of your kitchen.
4. Add Insulation – This will provide instant satisfaction as those cold, drafty rooms
feel warm and cozy. If you have some real skill, you can include changing out old
windows or doors as well.
5. Smarten Up – This is a great time to automate your home with Smart devices.
Add security cameras, a smart thermostat or smart lights and plugs. There are also a ton of Alexa operated devices that can make your life a lot easier (including kitchen appliances)!
6. Build Something – For the handy, winter months are a great time to add cabinets,
a TV hutch or bookshelves to your home.
7. Re-Grout Your Tile – From kitchen counters to floors, re-grouting can freshen up